Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday : things for kidlets

Today's designs come from a sheet that is green ink on coarse cream paper, and again, I don't know the maker. It's a set of designs for baby bibs or children's clothes, including scottie dogs, cutesy things, and some nursery rhyme characters.
There's the Old Woman who lived in the Shoe:



The cross stitch Express:

And the three bears (Goldilocks is nowhere to be seen!) looking rather despondent, yet sinister:

Again I'm only guessing, but I'd say 1930's for this one. I'd recommend stitching the shoe lady for maximum cuteness, as those bears are creeping me out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I have to stitch these!

Patty said...

Papa Bear looks mean! Maybe because his bowl is empty?

Heather said...

love the old woman in the shoe! thanks for sharing!