Thursday, April 15, 2010

Modern Motifs of Mexican Trend

aka "My best friend went to Mexico and all I got was this tiny sombrero"*

Yes stitchy friends, here's your erstwhile blogger managing a post...although I can't feel guilty because a) so many other great bloggers regularly share stitchy goodness and b) I still don't have a scanner.

Mexico is on my mind - literally:
...As my best friend recently returned from two weeks in Mexico and brought me back a wee present. Hope I'm not scaring you with my pic!

I haven't been to see all her photos yet, and for those of you without your own sombrero (because I know you're jealous) I present "fiesta motifs for colorful touches of Mexican gaiety". You know your breakfast nook wants it.

Apparently:
"Your needle will fly along the simple sitches of these motifs of Mexican flavor. Gay up your kitchen with Mexican-inspired dish towels and pot holders. Put a variety of these designs on curtains and table linen in the breakfast nook to add charm to informal meals. Delight the bride-to-be on your gift list with hand-made guest towels, refreshment napkins, luncheon sets or dresser scarfs reflecting in these designs the happy Fiesta spirit of our South-of-the-Border neighbors."

I'm keen to see if my friend's holiday snaps include women with baskets of fruit on their heads, giant cactii, boys eating bananas, and fighting cocks (actually sounding "gay-er" by the minute...oh dear! Come back readers...please...**) But this pattern assures me that these are common South of the Border capers.

Men wearing rugs will give you flowers:

Doves, cactii and maracas abound:

But the scariest thing in Mexico are the deadly attack parrots!

Watch your fruit girls.


*only kidding Nat, I do love my pressie.
**sorry, really I am.

16 comments:

Giggly said...

Sweet patterns. I just came across a bag filled with those tiny sombreros at my grandmother in laws house (we are currently cleaning out). I almost kept them for myself, but I think they're gonna have to go in the estate sale. lol
Are you sure you don't want more? :)

maybe said...

very good and cool,thank you for your sharing.

Unknown said...

My husband and I have spent a lot of time in Mexico, and we really love the culture there.

One of the things I love most, of course, is Mexican coffee. I wish I could find some really good Mexican coffee keurig k cups so that I could brew some in my mini keurig coffee maker!

Lovely Light said...

I;m from southwest Arizona- some of the images are cute (the cactus, and birds), however I find that the people are not very representative. Thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower of your blog. I hope you have time to check out my life in South Africa at http://withoutcomplexities.blogspot.com

busyascanbe said...

SO cute....Your blog is darling so glad I found you!

taylorlautner1984 said...

Lovely post thanks for sharing.
web development india

Anonymous said...

Promo Member Alfamart Minimarket Lokal Terbaik Indonesia adalah informasi terhangat dari sebuah perusahaan minimarket Alfamart yang terbaik di Indonesia. Silakan klik link Promo Member Alfamart Minimarket Lokal Terbaik Indonesia di atas untuk membaca review singkat dari Zaenal Abidin Blogs

Expressdigitising said...

What a lovable post! I really enjoy all of your posts.
Embroidery Digitizing

Unknown said...

welldone!!!!!!!



Kaplan Step 1

Powerstitch Design Studio said...

I like girl in Last snap! Embroidery Digitizing

Unknown said...

Always Love to read your Blog!
Xcl technologies | Dubai web design | SEO dubai
Xcl technologies | dubai web development | company branding

ADMIN said...

Great article! That is the type of information that are supposed
to be shared around the internet. Shame on the seek engines for not positioning this submit upper!
Come on over and discuss with my website .
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thuoc-cuong-duong-nam-gioi-tot-nhat-hien-nay-suckhoetinhyeu-info/

James David said...

I found a great post such as your article, it gave me a lot of information.
Best Embroidery Digitizing

Oscar said...

I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

yvette morris said...

My health was horrible before I decided to try the Protocol Of taking Dr. Ebhota pure herbal mixture. I felt there was no hope for my health and I was to try the Protocol, thinking it wouldn’t work because I have visited so many hospitals with the same result. However, I was convinced by an Instagram friend to try herbal medicine because I wanted to get rid of Herpes virus. The herbal mixture that was given to me was really quick and easy to take, within 2 week I was fully cured from Herpes. The herbal medicine really work and I will like to share this great doctor contact with you all by email him drebhotasolution@gmail.com WhatsApp +2348089535482 You won't regret it, I promise. ,,//

logger said...

Great post. Happy Blogging. I learned that whereas attempting to stay unbiased and non-software specific, most of the thought embroidery digitizing programs do have the essential tools needed to form associate degree embroidery style. With these necessary tools, they'll all accomplish (for the foremost part) identical result.
best embroidery software
5 meilleurs logiciels de broderie
5 beste borduursoftware
5 migliori software di ricamo
5 mejores programas de bordado